Congressman Green's 19th Annual Citizenship Day on June 8
Congressman Green's annual Citizenship Day gives eligible legal residents the opportunity to fill out an application for U.S. citizenship with the help of local volunteers.
To be eligible for naturalization, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requires that applicants meet the following criteria to apply for U.S. Citizenship:
- Be age 18 or older
- Have a minimum of 5 years of legal permanent residency or marriage to a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years
- Demonstrate a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States
- Be a person of good moral character
- Able to speak, read and write basic English
- Have a basic knowledge of U.S. government
- Copies of specified documents
- Money order for $680 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
For more information, including eligibility requirements and items each applicant must bring, please contact our office at 281-999-5879.
A summary on the process from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services can be found here.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website also features more information at www.uscis.gov.
A flyer for Congressman Green's event can be found below.