Applicants must directly contact the academies to open an admissions file. The academy will return to you their Candidate Kit or Application Packet with specific instructions for their admissions process.
The Congressional nomination materials ARE SEPARATE FROM the materials you must provide to the academies. It is to your advantage to apply to more than one academy.
To print the Congressional Nomination form, click HERE.
If you are interested in applying for a Congressional Nomination to a Military Service Academy, please contact our District Office at (281) 999-5879 for further information.
Each year Congressman Gene Green is proud to nominate a select group of candidates from the 29th Congressional District to be considered for appointment to the United States Military Service Academies:
- U.S. Military Academy
- U.S. Naval Academy
- U.S. Air Force Academy
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- (Note: U.S. Coast Guard Academy does not require Congressional Nomination.Visit www.uscga.edu for information.)
- Applicant must live in the 29th Congressional District
- Applicant must meet all Academy requirements
- Applicant must be at least 17 years old, and not have passed your 23rd birthday by July 1 of the year of entry to the Military, Naval or Air Force Academies
- 25th birthday for the Merchant Marine Academy
- Applicant must be unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
Current, sealed OFFICIAL transcript(s) from most recent high school, and, if applicable, college.
- SAT / ACT SCORES
OFFICIAL SAT, and/or ACT scores. If you take the tests more than once, please be sure all score reports are sent to us. The highest scores in each category will be considered.
- 3 LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Three letters of recommendation from adult, non-family members, placed in sealed envelopes by the writers.
500-word essay describing why you are interested in attending a Military Service Academy.
Current resume; include extracurricular activities, leadership positions, academic and athletic accomplishments, and other relevant awards and distinctions.
If you do not know the four digit +4 extension for your ZIP code, please check the U.S. Postal Service website for more information.
Please call our Washington, DC office for assistance if you have difficulties completing this form.